Friday, August 1, 2008

great book...

Joyce Meyer...Battlefield of the Mind
tarrah and i are reading this book and it is really opening my eyes to so many things...quote for the week!
"It is important to understand that the mind needs to be kept in the 'normal' condition. Compare it with the usual condition of our minds and you will see why we frequently have very little revealed to us by the Holy Spirit, and why far too often we feel ourselves lacking in wesdom and revelation. "
"Remember, the Holy Spirit attempts to enlighten the mind of the believer. The HOly Spirit gives information from God to the person's spirit, and if his spirit and mind are aiding one another then he can walk in devine wisdom and revelation. But if his mind is too busy, it will miss what the Lord is attempting to reveal to him through his spirit."
this just really hit me...there is so many times that i am wanting the Lord to speak to me and 'like, where are you???' but my mind is so crowded and busy w/ everything else that even if he was speaking to me i would not be able to hear him....love it!
also falling that is pg 81 talks about 1Kings 19:12....."a still small voice" being God....
okay so one more thing.... love this!!!!
on pg. 84 it says...
"Satan, of course, knows this fact, so he attacks your mind, waging war against you on the battlefield of your mind. He wants to overload and overwork your mind by filling it with every kind of wrong thought so it cannot be free and available to the Holy Spirit working through your own human spirit." just makes me so mad b/c sooo true:))))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

would you email me with your email address to cacmays@yahoo.com
I don't have your email address and I want to end you an evite

Pioneering In India said...

"I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.Romans.7:18
So I find this law at work: When I want to do good,evil is right there with me. For in MY INNER being I delight in Gods Law; but I see another law at work in the members of MY body , waging war against the law of MY mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work whitin MY members.
Romans7:21. Satan may have the eye candy to tempt but its Our own sinful flesh that desires it!!!
"WHat a wreched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? THanks be to GOD-through JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD! Romans7:25
We now in our minds can be a slave to GODS law. Even though still as sinners we are tempted.
James 1:14..Each one is tempted by his own evil desire
Thank God For the Holy Spirit that dwells in us. Guiding and protecting us from well, sometimes ourselves!!

Blog Archive

About Me

If you would like to make a nomination, for Mae's Angels to consider, please email stacydhead@hotmail.com