Wednesday, March 25, 2009

soooo....i am almost done w/ reading The Shack!!! I have maybe 30 pages left....so i have learned a lot about people, culture and just when to just 'listen' over the past week or so...sometimes when i get excited about something i just cant help myself but "talk, talk and talk"...am working on this:))) Yesterday i was talking w/ a teacher and asked her if she had read The Shack...she looked at me like i was crazy and must not believe in God if i would read such a thing...she said that "her religion" is fully against that book...... anyway i know that there is a lot of controversery over The Shack but here is my opinion...so i guess take it for my opinion ONLY....ha...anyway i guess i think that number one; the book is fiction...no where does it say it is truth...yes it can change your perspective if YOU DONT have spirtiual discernment but that is about you and your walk w/ God...as i see it??? also the Trinity, Free Will vs Predestination...yes, it DOES hit on a lot of topics that will stir your heart if you do not know what The Bible says and what is Truth but i guess i dont think that is a "bad" thing...isnt it good to stir your heart and call you to dig deeper, think, pray, think, PRAY!!!! there are a lot of times in the book that it contradicts itself if you are "thinking'' theologically but again spirtitual discernment:))) i do think it says a lot of really good things too! like relationships...
TRUE relationships and how to LOVE people w/OUT judging...I love how he shows Mack how "we, humans" think so much when really it is so simple....loving, true loving of one another...yet how we try to play God so often..so i guess i just think if people take that from the book and understand that it is NOT The Bible we will be okay??? anything that is used to plant seeds or get you to pray, ask questions and build i feel who are we to judge on how God may use that...Just like 90 Minutes In Heaven...i loved that book too...it actually says it is true but who really knows besides the author...but what i did take from that book was hope in healing...that doesnt change my walk w/ God any....just encouragement! which is always good in our world today!!! :))) just my personal opinion....
also was thinking isnt it like anything else too....like watching The Bachelor or Nip/Tuck (sorry we love that one:( ) anway never are we saying that we "agree" in everything that it portrays but we still watch and take good/bad...also music...we sing songs all of the time but do we take the lyrics literal???? just a thought!!! i know, it seems anytime you hit on "religion or politics" you hit major nerves w/ people...i find this so interesting:))))
an in depth review over the book if you want it......http://www.challies.com/media/The_Shack.pdf

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your opinions. I haven't read it yet, but I am really thinking about it. I have alot of friends that have, and they are all encouraging me to do so. Maybe your opinions will push me to go get the book!

Angi said...

Hey Stacy. It is good to hold everything up to the light, through prayer, the Bible and God's people, which sounds exactly like what you've done. :) I'm thinking for our Bible Study we should just freestyle it into the Bible with just a reading schedule and no study. I'm open though if you guys have another idea. :)

Laura said...

Hey girl, I am about halfway throught the SHACK! I had a hard time and put it down for a while. I started it up at the beach again. anyway, I hope to finish soon! HUGS!

Blog Archive

About Me

If you would like to make a nomination, for Mae's Angels to consider, please email stacydhead@hotmail.com