Thursday, May 14, 2009

what an honor:)

what a surprise...janson came home a few weeks ago telling me that i had been chosen by a top 10 graduate as her teacher of influence...what??? i was shocked! anyways I taught sarah in the 7th grade and so i got to go w/ her to a banquet where she wrote a letter about how i had influenced/inspired her...it was quite tear jerking to hear...guess you never know when you make an impression on someone??? anyway they read a letter she wrote me and then i got a plaque w/ the letter engraved in it...too neat..
i have to say it felt really good to get "dressed" up and be around what i use to be around when i teached...i felt my pride begin to seap in and thoughts of this is "me"...working outside of the home and being a "teacher"...getting a pat on the back and appreciated!!! i was quickly reminded (grace) of the fruits of my children and the importance of my job at home. while it was so nice to be nomitated and be back in the world of administrators and teachers it is even greater for my conscience, heart and soul to know that i am teaching just in a different setting...i love being at home, i love my girls but there are definite times of weakness where a paycheck and pat on the back is nice:))))) thank you God for the eyes to see....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful honor, and thank you for sharing your heart. I'm going to be staying home next year, and while I can't wait, I wonder sometimes if I will ever feel a "pat on the back" again. I know my calling is to stay at home, so thank you for encouraging me.

campers said...

Congratulations....that is AWESOME!!!

The Durham's said...

Hey Stacy-
What a honor!! This is so precious! I appreciate your heart:)

The Durham's said...

Hey:) New York was incredible!! You guys should definitely go:) No, we are not in herbalife any longer. The Lord told us to transition completely about 2 1/2 years ago, and He opened up this position for Monty not too long after:) It has been such a blessing and they are so generous to their employees....God is so faithful, isn't He? Bless you, friend! Please know what a wonderful mama you are and how much your girls are learning about their precious Heavenly Daddy from you:)

Blog Archive

About Me

If you would like to make a nomination, for Mae's Angels to consider, please email stacydhead@hotmail.com