Tuesday, April 27, 2010

thoughts from walmart:)

not sure why but my brain takes off on thoughts/words/discussions and analyzes:)
so today at walmart this very sweet japanese women checked me out. as we talked she told me that she had 4 daughters...one at ucla, one at medical school, one engineer and one 14 years old. She works two jobs and her husband is back in Japan working to support thier kids and to give them a "better" life. I asked when does she see her husband and she said once a year..She said she and her husband work so hard to pay for their kids collage...at first i thought "wow, what sacrifice for their children" and wondered will their children ever realize what they did for them...
then as i drove home, I could not get her out of my head and God began to show me so much...first of all my admiration turned into sadness...we are ALL the same regardless of our culture or time period here on earth. We want the best for our kids/family but at what extent? We are raised thinking and taught to do your best, you can do anything, be a doctor or lawyer, make LOTS of money...we sacrifce everything for our children but in reality we are hurting them...putting them up on a pedestal and not teaching Truth/LOVE...from our very being we are taught that success is measured by earthly treasures and that is devestating to our souls...these are lies. i am not saying you dont want to do your best and make a "living" for your family but instead of the focus being on "us" why not God? What He wants and working for Him not for the new car or nicer home...Then to think she only sees her husband once a year...what is that teaching her kids? so them having a degree and making lots of money is better than seeing a loving/healthy marriage? that they, her kids, are more important than their own lives? was just so interesting how at first i automatically thought wow, and than as i thought my views broadened/changed and revealed my own heart/tendencies...
I was watching Guilianna and Bill on E and it completely solidified my thinking...They go on this resort/challenge and she starts crying b/c she realizes how much her parents worked leaving her home alone as a child...In the next segment they are talking about wanting kids but loving their jobs and that they can have both...WHAT? Does the cycle of insanity not ring any bells? Instead of breaking that cycle she will continue and it just makes me so sad that we are so blind to Truth/Importance and shortness of Life...
I guess in all reality the "truth" is that women did not know Christ and how can you know any better or break any cycles w/out HiM:) I told her she was so blessed to have such successful children and she said "no, it is b/c we work so hard"...i think if we follow things/words to the root, instead of only looking on the outside we will learn so much more:))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday when I was at walmart she checked me out too, and I heard the same story. It is a sad story, and to be honest I didnt really think about her again until reading your blog. She was a very sweet little woman. Thanks for sharing this, it is helping me to put many things into perspective

Blog Archive

About Me

If you would like to make a nomination, for Mae's Angels to consider, please email stacydhead@hotmail.com