Friday, March 28, 2008

just a thought.

Have you ever thought...
how interesting it is that the 'majority' of blog posts are about the beauty of their child, the joy of parenthood, how much you just love your husband, how wonderful life is, how very blessed we are, what a great day I had, how amazing this 'whatever' is, etc......not to be too depressing, but was talking with a friend today, yes...will leave your name out of this...haha...anyway we were talking about the picture perfect life that we want everyone to "think" we have. Not excluding me whatsoever...but the point is that it just saddens my heart. We are such pitiful, lame sinners that we need the constant pat on the back like...how precious, or you look great, or whatever it is...We are all so broken and so "UNPERFECT" yet desire to proclaim that we are not and look good from the outside. Even as we were talking about this it revealed to me how worthless and undeserving I truely am. Why cant I be satisfied to know that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and that is enough....is sufficient ENOUGH!!! Stacy, cant you just get it!!! Anyway lets be 'real' for a change! We are broken and the picture perfect family or life DOES NOT exsist! Sorry to be depressing but the fantasy of perfection is just what it is... otherwise, we would not need Jesus....knowing you are enough is such a hard and undeserving concept to appreciate much less understand.

3 comments:

christa said...

What are you even talking about? My kids are perfect, my husband is UBER romantic, my cooking rocks, my dogs are housebroken and I am an honor student. Maybe you need counseling or something (:

The Lancasters said...

Perfectly said! UGGH, BLOGS!!! :)

Laura said...

Hey girl, I totally agree with this post! Nobody's life is perfect! If only! I try to be real on our blog! But I will say this, my child is perfect to me :)!

Blog Archive

About Me

If you would like to make a nomination, for Mae's Angels to consider, please email stacydhead@hotmail.com