Wednesday, September 23, 2009

shattered dreams...

uhhh....this book is so good! some parts seem heavy (truth) but loving it...so in chapter 14 a grandfather is talking about holding his grandson for the first time and the prayer he will pray over him...talk about truth/honesty and love...
pg 131....I havent held him yet; I havent looked into his eyes. But when I do, I think I know how I'll pray....
"O Lord, cure this child of the fetal moral disease w/ which he was born. Heal him through the forgving and cleansing power of Your blood. And then, as a beloved child through whom the life of the Trinity will be flowing, guide him through valleys where he will learn to abandon every dream but the dream of knowing YOU. Grant him dark nights when he feels desperately empty and alone, when he longs to experience a fullness and a joy he cannot provide for himself. In those moments, reveal to hom his desire for You and Yours for him. May he abandon his tortured soul to Your seeminly unresponsive care. But, please Lord, no more shattered dreams than are absolutely necessary. I do so want his life to be happy and full. Nevertheless, not my will for second things, but Your will for first things be done."
I CRIED as a I read this because as a parent you love your children so much and do not want harm but know that you have to trust God in their path...lonliness and heartache are sometimes what God calls for to find Joy in Him...whatever for their SALVATION...I could just see the LOVE this grandfather truly had for his grandbaby...true, selfless LOVE..the same God has for US...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

If you would like to make a nomination, for Mae's Angels to consider, please email stacydhead@hotmail.com