Monday, August 24, 2009

A Hard Morning, for me....

Kelseys first day of kindergarten was today...She woke up ready to go and very excited!!! Janson was able to talk w/ Coach Flo and miss practice this morning...I can not tell you how big of a deal that was for Janson...Thank you God for him being there w/ me b/c I needed him!!! and kelsey was SOOOO excited to see him when she woke up this morning...I do not know what is wrong w/ me...i am going to blame my pregnancy hormones:))) The morning started out great...but then literally when I walked in the front door of the school the tears ROLLED...I didnt want kelsey to see me so I went back outside...there was an administrator out there and came up to me and said "you have a kindergartener??" and gave me a hug..very sweet..so dried up my tears and went back into the gym to find kelsey, kailyn and janson...We walked her to her room w/ me trying not to look at her....and then again as soon as she walked in the flood came again!!! I gave her a QUICK hug and ran out of the room...If it wasnt for Janson she never would have made it in the building, much less to her room...I am truely excited for her and know she is sooo excited so I have no idea what is wrong w/ me...I guess it is a loss of control (trying to pull from recovery:)) ha! She has done mothers day out but this just seems so different....I am so proud of her and know she will do great!!! hopefully time will help me too:)))
This is Kelsey first thing this Morning!!
Brushing her teath (yes, i went picture crazy and documented her entire morning)
Her outside w/ her bookbag!
Me and Kelsey!!! (w/ baby!!! 18 weeks:))
Kelsey and Janson!!! Do they not look just alike!!!
On the way to school!!!
Janson and Girls...
Notice how READY and EXCITED she is....She is READY to go....

Kelsey in "big" chair in the library...
The fish tank in the library...
And Kelsey in the classroom..right before I DARTED out:(
Kelseys Mothers Day Out teacher sent this to me today...she has known kelsey since 18 months old...Thanks Ms. Amy:)))
A Mom's Prayer On the First Day of School

Here we are again, Lord. Their backpacks are loaded and their faces are scrubbed and their lunch accounts are full.
And I know you'll walk with them, Lord. You always do. But a mom…a dad….still has to ask.
Will You walk with them? Will You whisper to them what they need to hear, when I'm not there to whisper it?
Will You please, oh please, cover their school with the protection only You can give, and will You keep harm far away?
Will You make their minds strong and ready to learn? Will You help them understand that hard work honors the One who created them?
Will You guide their teachers, giving them patience and wisdom and creativity and more patience? Will You bless them for their efforts?
Will You love all those children there, the ones whose lunch accounts aren't full, the ones who feel alone? Will You teach my children to be kind and unselfish and to love those who are different from them?
Will You point them back toward home just as soon as you can?
Lord, I give them to You today and everyday, trusting them to Your care.
Amen.

3 comments:

Laura said...

This post made me cry! I can't believe that baby girl is in kindergarten! I still remember getting Janson's call when you were in labor; I was on my home from Colorado. I miss you, I'm sorry today was hard but aren't we blessed to see our children go! Still, being a parent is the hardest most amazing gift! love you!

Cricket said...

You crack me up. I saw several kids cry today, and to make you feel better, there were other moms crying too. Too precious

Calista said...

I totally cried reading your blog. There are days when I can't wait for Abby to start school so I can get a break then when I really stop and think about it I really don't look forward to that day either. Hope you are doing better today and hope the pregnancy is going good. Love you sweet friend and this is only the beginning of us having to let go as mothers.

Blog Archive

About Me

If you would like to make a nomination, for Mae's Angels to consider, please email stacydhead@hotmail.com